CALL FOR PAPERS
You are cordially invited to participate in the 2nd International Conference on Languages 2015 which will be held on 10 & 11 October 2015. The theme of the conference is “Striving for Excellence: Overcoming Challenges in Language Teaching, Learning and Research”.
The conference website will be opened for submissions on the 1st February 2015. Submission deadline will be on the 30th July 2015. All submitted papers will be reviewed by a minimum of two reviewers.
Selected registered papers (English only) will be published in the Malaysian Journal of Learning and Instruction (MJLI) (indexed in SCOPUS) or in the Malaysian Journal of Distance Education (listed in ERA) upon transfer of author’s copyrights.
The conference accepts manuscripts of original research that has not been published anywhere else. Researchers and scholar-practitioners are invited to submit empirical and theoretical full papers describing original research. The conference accepts full paper in English and Arabic only. However, presenters are allowed to present their papers in one of these languages namely: English, Arabic, Malay or Thai.
We invite submissions for an abstract of a research-based paper in any of the relevant fields, including but not limited to:
- Language for Specific Purposes (LSP)
- Language for Occupational Purposes (LOP)
- Language support programmes
- Developing language skills in learners
- Learning and teaching strategies
- Learning styles
- Language testing and measurement
- Interpersonal & intercultural communication
- Cognitive development approach in language classes
- Group dynamics
- Lateral thinking and the corporate world
- The reality of teaching language in educational institutions
- The theoretical study of language
- The evaluation of curricula for teaching language
- The use of modern technology in teaching language
- Modern theories in teaching language
- Language policy
- Learning and teaching cultures
- Language in multicultural contexts
- Language disability learner
- Language for open and distance learning
- Language learning for adults
- The use of ICT in language learning
- Other related topics